Saturday, 12 March 2011

...THAT AWKWARD MOMENT WHEN I REALISED I WAS NOT A NINJA

It has taken me a great deal of courage to come out of hiding and tell you what recently happened to me that spelled outright embarassment. 
The problem with me is since childhood I have endeavored to expose myself to stupid things. Anything with ninjas tends to excite me, my friends do not understand it. When I am called to ‘fight’ with anyone, say if I find you nibbling on my omelet, there is a wire in my brain that just falls  out of line making me want to pull those Karate, Judo, Taichi moves that mean-THE INITIATION OF THE FIGHT. Of course this always sends the nibbler/ potential opponent laughing and begging for air hence leaving my poor omelet. See, I won ,right??
I have always been the cartoon kid. Recently I went to my friend’s room to watch The Event…. And...out of nowhere some cockroach shows up…and it’s flying too. This was an #igatdis situation. So as I assemble my limbs ready for action I realize this cockroach doesn’t respect the jokes…so I also flee screaming Mommy mommy…the embarrassment. Ok to be honest I have such great respect for things that crawl and glide and all that freaky stuff. I do not mess. I seriously do not get why I even bothered. I am not 5 but I still see that cockroach eating me. After decades of screaming and sweating with fear, Mr. Cockroach marched out the room-I didn’t march back in…in fact I will not march back in for a while…what if this time something bigger comes…something like a wasp-how will I explain myself?? No thanks, even if there is a party in that room, I will go and chase the wind outside
Whatever happened to all those lessons from Power rangers and Ninja turtles??? I was an attentive student-perhaps this goes to show that however much you pay attention, when God says its an F, it is an F. After all that practice on my elder brother-of course that didn’t go down well, I did receive a few slaps for that but still I showed initiative to learn the art of Ninjaness-and this was what happened at the end…SHAME SHAME.
:(

No comments:

Post a Comment